Executive Women International addresses the business professional’s quest for personal achievement and drive for professional development. EWI is unique among the myriad women’s associations in that the company, not the individual, holds the membership.
EWI offers many benefits to both the representative and the company. Women who participate in EWI have access to a variety of events and programs, and their companies benefit through the professional connections and the recognition as business leaders in their communities.
EWI of Richmond Chapter boundaries include the cities of Richmond, Ashland, Williamsburg, Petersburg, Hopewell and Colonial Heights, and Counties of Amelia, Caroline, Charles City County, Chesterfield, Cumberland, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, Louisa, New Kent, Powhatan and Prince George. A Member Firm’s primary business must be located in one of these areas.
Enjoy access to an international business base, discover new opportunities with other members and increase local and international contacts. Chapter and corporate activities offer continuous events to showcase your firm’s products and services.
- Expand your global network of business professionals
- Access EWI’s Membership Directory, website and CONNECT newsletter
- Promote your firm through Chapter and Corporate advertising, partnerships and sponsorship opportunities
Develop and utilize personal talents, learn business skills through hands-on EWI programs and become involved in local philanthropic activities.
- Academy of Leadership Program
- Professional Development Teleseminars
- Network monthly with leading experts in business and career development.
- Develop leadership skills through service on Chapter and Corporate Boards
- Benefit from an EWI Fellows Scholarship.
- Engage in EWI Community Involvement Programs – over $300,000 in scholarships awarded annually. Lifelong programs include:
- Literacy Initiative – Reading Rally for Elementary School Students
- EWI Scholarship Program (EWISP) for high school seniors
- Adult Students in Scholastic Transition (ASIST) Program
Benefits to Member Firms
- Association with other prestigious firms and executives in the Richmond area, and recognition as a leader in its field
- Promote the firm within the Chapter, community and throughout EWI’s international organization
- Access to the EWI International Directory, a blue book of industry, which constitutes a network of top firms and executives across the United States and Canada, who are pleased to offer information and assistance to other member firms
- Recognize a key individual within the company by appointing that person to represent the firm
- Initiate and maintain important contacts with other top-ranking firms and executives in the community through the hosting of Firm Nights and attendance at the annual Executives receptions’ and other meetings throughout the year
- Offers the opportunity to contribute to the welfare of the community through involvement in the Chapter’s civic, philanthropic and scholarship programs
- Creates an alliance for mutual assistance and helpful contacts for handling challenges that arise in the performance of their jobs
- Presents continuing education and opportunities for professional growth through seminars, guest speakers, and workshops, and the opportunity to earn Continuing Education Units and Academy of Leadership certification
- Gives access to a network of mutual assistance from nearly 2,000 diversified firms who hold membership in the organization
Benefits to Representatives
- Provides an opportunity for representatives to enhance effectiveness to their firms through association and exchange of ideas with the Chapter’s prestigious member firms
- Extends the opportunity for personal growth and development of leadership skills through participation in the Chapter’s activities and by taking an active role in the Chapter’s Board of Directors
EWI Representatives Develop a Variety of Skills including:
- Public speaking
- Strategic planning
- Time management
- Human resources
- Interpersonal skills
- Sales and marketing
- Financial planning and analysis
- Business writing skills
- Parliamentary procedures
- Program/event planning
Chapter Website Benefits
EWI Richmond Chapter is proud to now provide active representatives access to the following online features including:
- Online Member Directory
- Document Repositories
- Member Job Board
- Chapter Reference Library
- Featured Articles by Member Representatives
Interested in joining our chapter?
Contact our Richmond Chapter Retention & Recruitment Director, Mary Kay Campbell at MaryKay.Campbell@hilton.com or phone 804-521-1605.