Executive Women International (EWI) offers scholarship programs to help qualified applicants achieve their academic goals. These academic scholarships are offered at the Chapter level and target high school seniors, adult students in transition and EWI members looking to go back to school.
EWI of Richmond offers up to two LCAM Awards
EWI of Richmond is pleased to offer two LCAM Awards to firm representatives to attend the LCAM (Leadership Conference & Annual Meeting) usually held in September.
- The Richmond LCAM award will pay $1,000 for one Richmond Chapter representative to attend the Leadership Conference & Annual Meeting (LCAM), to include an Academy of Leadership (AOL) module.
- The Michelle Lovatt Award, offered by Richmond Region Tourism and subsidized by the Richmond Chapter, will pay $1,000 for a FIRST TIME Richmond Chapter representative to attend the LCAM to include an Academy of Leadership (AOL) module.
The selection criterion is as follows*:
- Candidates must be a EWI Richmond Chapter representative in good standing (acceptable attendance at monthly membership meetings and no outstanding meeting fees).
- The Michelle Lovatt Award candidate must be a first-time LCAM attendee.
- Candidates must have been a representative in the EWI of Richmond Chapter for at least six months by September 16, 2023.
- Candidates must be actively serving on at least one committee or serving on the Board.
- Candidates must confirm that they can secure the necessary time away from work to attend LCAM for the duration of the conference. The full itinerary is available at www.ewiconnect.com.
- Candidates must attend all LCAM functions, including the Annual Meeting and Chapter Dinner, as well as stay at the host hotel.
- Completed application must be submitted by email no later than May 31, 2023 to email@example.com with copy to:
Renee Gaines 2022-2023 EWI® Richmond President- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Huffman 2022-2023 EWI® Richmond Vice President/President-elect- Email:email@example.com
Download the application and apply today! Richmond_LCAM_ChapterAwards_Form
*Candidate will be selected based on the above criteria and the attached application.
The $1,000 awards may be applied to LCAM registration fees, hotel and/or transportation. They may not be applied to incidental meals or other expenses. All other costs above the award amount – including transportation, hotel, and incidental meals and travel expenses – are the responsibility of the recipient.
Upon return from the Leadership Conference & Annual Meeting, recipients will be expected to write a brief article for an upcoming issue of the EWI Connect about their LCAM experience, such as the most valuable, interesting, and/or relevant things learned by attending LCAM.
Adult Students in Scholastic Transition
The Adult Students in Scholastic Transition (ASIST) award is sponsored annually by EWI, a non-profit international association that has been a champion of education and community involvement since 1938. The ASIST award is a flexible scholarship program that addresses the needs of adults who are working to improve their situation in life through education. The ASIST program benefits students who, for a variety of reasons, are facing work/life challenges. The applicants are either single parents, individuals just entering the workforce or displaced workers.
ASIST Director: Carol Person
EWI Scholarship Program
The EWI Scholarship Program (EWISP) is an annual, competition-based program which awards college scholarship money to qualifying high school seniors each year.
EWISP Director: Michelle Mogel