Academy of Leadership
Opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills abound in EWI, and it is with this understanding that the Academy of Leadership (AOL) was developed in 2001. The AOL is composed of distinct courses or modules which develop leaders to their full potential. Each course fosters principle-focused leadership through the use of research, best practices, behavioral models and support.
The Academy of Leadership embraces a three-fold philosophy:
1. Leadership can and must be taught
2. Everyone possesses leadership potential
3. There are excellent examples of leadership within EWI
This philosophy is the foundation for the entire AOL program, including all speakers, activities and information presented at each course.
Current AOL modules include:
1. Professional and Volunteer Leadership – Thinking Like a Genius
2. The Power of the Diverse Communicator
3. The Power of Relationships
4. Finding Your Voice: An Experience in Leadership
5. It All Begins With You
6. Women and Leadership: The Power of Your Story
7. Emotional Intelligence: Making the Connection
8. How to Motivate, Influence and Lead People to Action
9. Chapter Leadership: Making Great Things Happen
10. Strategies to Remain Valuable in a Volatile World
11. Navigating the Lipstick Jungle
12. The Lessons of Leadership
13. Secrets of Outstanding Leaders
The Academy of Leadership Alumnae Group
Once a member of EWI has successfully completed four modules, the member will graduate and be considered “Academy of Leadership Alumnae”, where they can then participate in all Alumnae functions which take place in conjunction with the Leadership Conference and Annual Meeting (LCAM) each year. To maintain Alumnae status, each member must attend another module every five years.
If Alumnae status lapses, members may re-certify by attending two AOL modules within the following five-year period.
If you have any questions, please contact the Corporate Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.