A ten-member Board of Directors is elected annually (to serve from October to September) to administer Chapter business affairs, and to provide leadership and assistance in establishing and carrying out the goals of the Chapter.
- Board of Directors meets once a month, at least one week after the membership meeting
- Meetings are held on a Tuesday evening (determined by the Board at the beginning of the term)
- Meetings are hosted by a Board Member’s Firm
- Time and Location of Board Meeting is listed in the Chapter’s Monthly Newsletter (The Chapter CONNECT)
- CEO of the Chapter, presides at all Chapter and Board meetings
- Is a member of the Chapter Board and has general charge of Chapter business,subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Chapter Bylaws
- Appoints any Parliamentarian, historian, official greeter, or standing committees, with the exception of the Nominating Committee
- The President is a non-voting member of the Board and of each committee, unless it becomes necessary to break a tie-vote
- Has such other powers and performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Chapter Board
Vice President/President Elect
- Is vested with all the powers and performs all the duties of the President in case of the absence or disability (as according to Corporate By-Laws) of the President
- Has such other powers and performs such other duties as may be delegated by the President or Chapter Board
- For example: arranges to obtain EWI President’s Pen/Jewelry and personal gift from the Board for the out-going President
- Keeps and has charge of the Chapter Meeting and Board of Director Meeting Minutes, executes official documents, with the President, in the name of the Richmond Chapter
- Custodian of the Chapter Seal
- Keeps the Bylaws and such other papers as the Chapter Board may direct
- Performs all the duties incident to the Office of Secretary â€“ subject to the control and direction of the Chapter Board
- Keeps full and accurate accounts of all financial activities, including:
- Receipts and deposits of all money
- Disbursements of Chapter funds as may be approved by the Chapter Board
- Invoices, collects and submits to Corporate the Annual Dues and Assessments
- Informs the Board and Membership of the Chapter’s financial condition
- Responsible for orderly conduct at all meetings
- Keeps accurate, up-to-date attendance records
- Correspondence, according to all Bylaws, to members not meeting attendance and/or dues requirements
- Works closely with the Program Committee to ensure accurate reservations for Monthly Membership meetings
- Forwards Monthly Meeting Sign-In Sheets to Hospitality
- Forwards Guest names to Hospitality and the President
- Ensures the quality of the Chapter’s membership and maintains an equitable mix of member firms.
- Provides a timely follow-up on all leads for potential new members and ensures accurate and timely delivery of new membership data to appropriate Board/Committee Members.
- Advises the Publications Committee of current postings each month.
- Within 30 days of joining the Chapter, provides new member firms with Chapter Directory.
- Plans and arranges all monthly membership meetings, including, but not limited to:
- Food Selection
- Miscellaneous Activities
- Ensures timely preparation of the Chapter Pulse, including the gathering, compiling, printing and distribution of the newsletter.
- Maintains an accurate, up-to-date database of the membership that may be used by other committees for mailing of information.
Ways & Means
- Proposes and implements (after Board approval) the Chapter’s fundraising projects for the year. Funds raised are used to augment the general fund, scholarships and philanthropy programs.
- Responsible for orientation and retention of representatives.
- Executes New Member orientations and develops orientation notebook materials.
- Oversees Mentoring Program
- Interfaces with chapter members to keep informed (on-going)
- Committee typically is tenured representatives or past presidents.