Name: Michelle Lovatt
Firm: Richmond Region Tourism
Firm Website: https://www.visitrichmondva.com/
Michelle is the Director Vice President of Administration for Richmond Region Tourism (RRT) in Richmond, Virginia. The RRT is responsible for marketing the City of Richmond and counties of Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico, New Kent, Powhatan and the town of Ashland to tourists and convention delegates for the purpose of gaining maximum economic benefit for the community. Michelle has been employed by the organization for more than 30 years.
Michelle is responsible for the overall administrative functions of the organization including the following:
- Manage and implementation of policies and procedures
- Responsible for office equipment and resources needed by staff
- Manage administration department budget
- Oversees IT support, reception function and mailroom activities
- Provides training programs for staff and manages employee relations
- Manages recruitment and hiring process for all positions
- RRT Board of Director relations – plan and attend all CVB Board meetings, retreats, etc.
- Greater Richmond Convention Center Authority GRCCA – plans and attends all convention center authority meetings, etc.
Michelle is very active in the community and is a member of Executive Women International (EWI). She was the EWI Richmond Chapter President in 1998 and then served on the EWI Corporate Board from 2001 – 2006. Michelle served as EWI’s Corporate International President in 2004 – 2005.
Michelle was born in Chattanooga, Tennessee and lived in northern Georgia until she relocated to Virginia in 1982.