Martin’s Food Markets is operated by Giant Food Stores, headquartered in Carlisle, PA. The company, which also operates a regional office in Richmond, VA, is one of the leading retail grocers in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, operating under the names of Martin’s Food Markets and Giant Food Stores and employing nearly 30,000 associates. In operation since 1923, Giant purchased its first Martin’s Food Market, located in Hagerstown, Maryland, in 1970. As a company, Martin’s is proud to work with hundreds of local organizations in the communities it serves annual and has a long-standing commitment to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children. Giant and Martin’s was awarded the 2010 Golden Grocer Award by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for its leadership in the fight against hunger.