What is EWI?
EWI is the premier organization for networking and leadership development for today’s business professionals and their firms. There are over 3,000 member firms and 3,500 representatives in major cities throughout the United States and Canada. And our numbers are growing! Who are Member Firms and Representatives? Member firms is our term to refer to the businesses who are members of our organization. Our meetings, conferences and board positions are comprised of their individual “representatives.”
Is EWI exclusive to women?
No. There are a growing number of men in the organization. In its 75th year, EWI continues to evolve to meet the needs of its membership. Specifically, this is why the organization is referred to as EWI today, rather than Executive Women International.
How long has EWI been in existence?
The organization was established in California in 1938 as Executive Secretaries, Inc. when Lucille Johnson Perkins recognized the importance and potential of an association of key women working with their executives to promote their firms and improve their community.
Thirty years later, the name was changed to Executive Women International. The name change reflects the international expansion of the organization and the changing roles of women in the business world.
How does EWI support personal and professional development?
- EWISP Scholarship (Open to high school seniors)
- ASIST Scholarships (Open to adult students at transitional points in their lives)
- Fellows Program (Open to EWI representatives to continue their education)
- Academy of Leadership
- Leadership Conference
- Spring Conference, Leaders Summit, and more!
How does EWI help the community?
In addition to scholarships, literacy and learning is the primary focus through the Reading Rally program. Local and national / international programs take place throughout the year.
How can I link to ewirichmond.org?
You may link to any page on ewirichmond.org; however if you link to any page other than the home page, you must understand that content on ewirichmond.org is subject to frequent updates and that you are responsible for ensuring your link remains accurate and active.
You may create your own text links; provided that such links are accurate and use one of the following text link phrases:
- Visit ewirichmond.org
- EWI of Richmond
- EWI of Richmond – Connections, Careers, Community
- EWI of Richmond home page
- EWI of Richmond website
- EWI of Richmond online
To create a text link, use the follow code:
(note: the color of the text link will follow your default color style on your site)
TEXT GOES HERE
Be sure to replace “TEXT GOES HERE” with one of the choices from above.
You may not use any link, nor link to us from any web site or web page containing material, that:
- infringes or otherwise violates any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right
- is libelous, defamatory or invasive of any right of publicity or privacy or other personal right
- is misleading or inaccurate or constitutes false or deceptive advertising
- is obscene, indecent, harassing or otherwise objectionable in the sole discretion of Executive Women International, EWI Corporate or its affiliate chapters; or
- violates any applicable law, rule or regulation
- disparages, or reflects negatively upon, Executive Women International, EWI Corporate or its affiliate chapters.
If there is some other graphic or text link you would prefer to use, please let us know so we can work with you to ensure its accuracy.